Transfer your Domain to Register.com Today for Only $10*
And Get A Free One Year Extension
3 easy steps
Enter the domain names to transfer Complete your purchase Authorize and accept the transfer
STEP 1: Transfer Your Domain Name Today!
Let us do the work for you! Call 1-866-455-1655
Do you have multiple Register.com accounts? Make life easier. Consolidate your accounts. Log in to get started.
Transferring to Register.com
Tips for a Successful Transfer
Thinking about a Register.com domain transfer
What is a Domain Name Transfer?
A domain name transfer is the process of changing your domain name registrar from the company that maintains your domain registration to a new registrar. It’s easy to do. Just enter the domain name(s) you want to transfer, enter your payment information and checkout, and authorize and accept the transfer. At Register.com, we ensure the process is simple and painless.
Transferring your domain is easy
We make managing your domain(s) simple. Whether you have one domain name or hundreds, we make sure the transfer process is seamless, fast and secure.
You’ll benefit from having all of your domains and web services in one place with our streamlined online dashboard and our 24/7 phone and email support. You can easily create sub-domains, access DNS management tools to add new hosts to your domain, change your IP address, and more. Plus, our Register.com domain transfer lock services prevent unauthorized transfers, and our auto-renew feature ensures your domain names stay just that — yours!
How can I ensure my transfer is successful?
Transferring to us from another domain name service provider
First, check the WHOIS record for the Administrative Contact email address associated with the domain you want to transfer to us.
If the email address is not current or valid, then you will not be able to respond and approve the domain transfer. Please update this email address with your current service provider before you submit your transfer request.
Once the request is made, an email will be sent to the Administrative Contact listed in the current service provider's WHOIS, to authorize your transfer request.
Transferring between Register.com Accounts
If you are transferring from one Register.com account to another, you can help ensure the transfer is successful by verifying the email address is accurate. An email will be sent to the Primary Contact for authorization of the transfer request.
Note: A domain name must be registered for more than 60 days, be paid in full, and not on lock or hold in order to be transferred.
Why would a domain name not be available for transfer?
There are several instances in which a domain name would not be available for transfer to Register.com. These include:
• The domain name is already registered with us. To transfer a domain name from one Register.com account to another, you must transfer one domain name at a time.
• The domain name is not registered with any domain name service provider. In this situation, you can purchase the domain through us.
• The domain name is in a "lock" or "hold" status at the Registry. You'll need to contact your current registrar to determine why the domain name is locked or held and remove the lock or hold prior to submitting a transfer request with Register.com.
• The domain name extension you are requesting to transfer to Register.com is not eligible for the online process. At this time the automated online process is available for .com, .net, .org, .biz, .bz, .cc, .cn, .info, .mobi, .name, tw, .tv, .us.com, .uk.com, .eu.com, .de.com, .la, .br.com, .cn.com, .gb.com, .gb.net, .hu.com, .jpn.com, .kr.com, .no.com, .qc.com, .ru.com, .sa.com, .se.com, .se.net, .uk.net, .uy.com, .za.com, and .us domain names. If you have any other domain name you wish to transfer to Register.com, please contact customer support at 1-866-455-1655.
• The domain name entered is invalid. If the domain name is not in a valid format, (e.g. domainname.com) the transfer process can't proceed.
• The domain name is already the subject of a transfer request.
• The premium domain name you are requesting to transfer to Register.com is not eligible for transfer at this time. If you have any questions, please contact customer support at 1-866-455-1655.
Can I purchase additional services to be used with the domain during the process of changing the Registrar?
If you are transferring an available domain to Register.com, you may purchase additional services at the same time. If you are transferring between Register.com accounts, you must wait until the transfer is complete prior to purchasing any additional services. Just log into your account to add services.
What happens after I submit the transfer between Register.com accounts request?
Once you've submitted the Transfer between Register.com Accounts request, an e-mail is sent to the Register.com Account Holder or Primary Contact for the domain name requesting authorization to transfer the domain name registration to your account. TheRegister.com Account Holder/Primary Contact has 14 days to authorize the transfer. Once Register.com receives authorization from the Account Holder/Primary Contact,Register.com moves the domain name into your account.
How will I know if my transfer between Register.com accounts request is successful?
We will notify, via email, the new Register.com account holder and the current Register.com account holder (or primary contact) of the final result of the transfer request between Register.com accounts.
Why would a domain name not be available for transfer between Register.com accounts?
There are several instances in which a domain name would not be available for transfer to your account. These include:
• The domain name is not registered with any domain name service provider. In this situation, you can purchase the domain name through us.
• The domain name is not registered with Register.com. If you want to transfer the domain name registration from the current Registrar to Register.com, please go to the Transfer your domain page.
• The domain name is in a "lock" status. This occurs primarily when the domain name is the subject of a dispute. The current Registrant will need to resolve the issue and have the lock removed before the domain name can be transferred.
• The domain name is in a "special" status. This occurs primarily when there are payment issues related to the domain name. The current Registrant will need to resolve the issue and have the status changed before the domain name can be transferred.
• The domain name entered is invalid. If the domain name is not in a valid format (e.g. domainname.com), the transfer process cannot proceed.
• The domain name is the subject of a pending transfer between Register.com accounts or a transfer to Register.com.
Can I transfer country-specific domain names to another person or organization?
The following extensions can be transferred:
.AR.COM, .BIZ, .BR.COM, .BZ, .CC, .CN, .CN.COM, .COM, .CX, .DE.COM, .EU.COM, .GB.COM, .GB.NET, .GD, .GS, .HN, .HU.COM, .INFO, .JPN.COM, .KR.COM, .LA, .MOBI, .MS, .NET, .NO.COM, .ORG, .QC.COM, .RU.COM, .SA.COM, .SE.COM, .SE.NET, .TC, .TV, .TW, .UK.COM, .UK.NET, .US.COM, .UY.COM, .VG, .WS, and .ZA.COM.
All other extensions cannot be transferred.
Can I change the domain name servers while a transfer is in process?
All Domain Name Server (DNS) changes must be completed before you request a transfer to us. Changes cannot be made to the domain name server while the transfer is in process.
How do I Transfer a Domain Name into Register.com?
First, you will need to prepare your domain name for transfer at the registrar where you currently manage the domain. Then, you will need to complete a few steps at Register.com. Typically, domain transfers can take between 30 minutes to 8 days to complete, depending on where you currently manage your domain name.
Steps to prepare your domain for transfer at your current registrar
Before you begin the transfer process, make sure you have prepared your domain name. With a few exceptions, the following steps are the same for most domain names:
- Make sure your domain was registered or transferred more than 60 days ago.
- Remove any locks or security settings at the current registrar.
- Request an authorization code from your current registrar.
- Change your domain privacy settings to public.
- Check whether you have access to the email address associated with your domain name.
Note: Although optional, you may want to confirm that your domain name is not expiring in the next 10 days to avoid complications in case your transfer takes longer than expected.
Start the Transfer at Register.com
- Purchase a domain transfer on the Register.com website.
- Log in to the Account Manager to enter your authorization code.
- Check the admin email address associated with your domain name for the authorization emails from your current registrar and from Register.com.
Why Choose Register.com?
Online Account Management
Easily manage your domain names and other Web services from any computer with Internet access.
Get help by phone or chat from trained experts. Need additional support?
MyTime Support is also available for an additional fee
Use subdomains to extend your brand and make your website’s SEO stronger. As extensions of your existing domain, a subdomain also let’s you better organize your site's content.
Domain Transfer Lock
Prevent unauthorized domain transfers by locking your domain. With Domain Transfer Lock turned on you can still perform legal name changes, account consolidation or transfers between Register.com accounts.
Online Help Center
Find online user guides, helpful tutorials and answers to frequently-asked questions about how to set-up your domain, website and email, and more.
Manage name servers and DNS records online and at your convenience. Add new hosts to the domain, change IP addresses, or modify an email delivery address. Updates reach the Web in five minutes.
Simplify your life with our auto renew service.* With this option, we’ll automatically renew your domains prior to their expiration. It protects your domains from service interruption or deletion in case you can’t renew your domain manually. Please note, renewal fees are subject to then-current rates and are for the same term, unless you tell us otherwise.
*To prevent your domain from auto renewing, contact us at least 90 days before expiration to turn off auto renewal.
* $10 transfer service fee is non-refundable and applies to each domain name requested to transfer. This service fee includes a 1-year term renewal which will be added to the domain name term at no additional cost for transfers completed successfully within 90 days of the purchase date. Register.com does not guarantee the transfer through this service. Discounts on additional renewal years added at the time of transfer request are available for .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, and .BIZ domain extensions only, and only for select terms. Special discounted price per year pricing is reflected in shopping cart total. Upon expiration, all domains will be renewed at the then-current price.