How to Protect Your Online Brand
The 5 most important things you can do to make sure your website continues to work for you
For many small businesses, your website and your online brand are important parts of their business – yet many business owners take few precautions to protect these valuable assets. With just a few simple steps, business owners can ensure their sites continue to produce results for them. Here are the most important (and simple) things you can do to protect your online brand right now.
Don’t you have enough to worry about? Why not invest a little effort and ask a few questions to make sure your website (and the brand you have worked so hard to build online) are not one of those things you lose sleep over. Here are some simple things you can do, with regard to your domain and your website hosting, to make sure your website continues to produce great results for your business.
1. Keep your contact information up-to-date with your domain registrar and/or web company. Don’t miss a renewal notice for your domain name or important changes / updates from your web company because the company does not know how to contact you.
2. Choose a partner with 24×7 support. Many people don’t work on their websites during a typical 9-5 day. If you’re working on your website at midnight, and you need help installing your digital certificate (for example) you need a web services provider that can answer your questions whenever you have them.
3. Make sure your website hosting provider offers an uptime guarantee. In this web-connected business world, your website defines your business or your personality. When visitors come to your website, you want them to be able to be able to quickly find the information visitors are looking for. It could damage your chances for return visitors if your site is down, particularly the first time they visit.
4. Select a partner that will grow with you. As your web needs change (whether that includes a portfolio of several hundred domains or web hosting that can support dramatic spikes in website traffic) – your web services company should be able to support your needs without site down time or inconvenient hassles in managing your account.
5. Work with an established web services partner that you can trust. Your online brand (i.e. your domain name and website) is an important asset for you or your business, make sure you are confident in the partner you choose to keep your website up and working for you.
Improving your e-commerce Revenue
Creating Big Online Brands
Pitfalls to Building Customer Loyalty Online
Email your question to email@example.com